Midwest Culinary Institute
The Midwest Culinary Institute at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is a national center of educational excellence in the culinary and pastry arts, dietetics, and hospitality technologies. MCI is well-known for its outstanding programs, faculty, and facilities, the latter integrating state-of-the-art technology with first-class tools of the culinary arts.
Students from all over the U.S. appreciate the quality, affordable education they receive at the Midwest Culinary Institute, as well as the great return on their investment. Our graduates enjoy remarkable job placement success, many with leading restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality venues in the U.S. Opportunities abound for MCI students, who participate in Cincinnati State’s outstanding co-op program—the largest in the nation among two-year colleges.
4/26/2013 - Midwest Culinary Institute Students Win Medals in Competition
The Midwest Culinary Institute recently hosted an American Culinary Federation competition at its Cincinnati State campus. Nearly 50 people participated in the competition, including some from as far away as California and Boston. Eight MCI students and one adjunct instructor left the event with medals:
- Danny Bungenstock, an adjunct instructor who resides in Erlanger, Ky., Silver Medal for a platter presentation
- Mary Seguin, a Cincinnati resident (45224), Gold Medal, hot food presentation
- Serenity Burchard (Cincinnati, 45238), Silver Medal, cold food platter presentation
- Amy Templeton (Union, Ky.), Bronze Medal, hot food presentation
- Kim Wolf (Hamilton, Ohio), Bronze Medal, hot food presentation
- Izel Yumul (Cincinnati, 45236), Silver Medal, chocolate centerpiece
- Holly May (Fairfield, Ohio), Bronze Medal, chocolate centerpiece
- Elizabeth Field (Blue Ash), Bronze Medal, chocolate centerpiece
- Kelly Sims (Cincinnati, 45245), Bronze Medal, chocolate centerpiece
What a great gift!
Surprise someone special with admission to one or more Creations Cooking classes. Find out more
Make a visit
What's the buzz about MCI? Plan your visit now
Culinary Arts Degree?
Check out our upcoming courses
Beginner or advanced?
We have Creations cooking classes for you